Animal Science Research
Projects Conducted Within the Reecy Laboratory
Reecy Lab Group
- Transcriptional control of skeletal muscle growth and development.
- Stretch-induced skeletal muscle hypertrophy. How can physical activity stimulate skeletal muscle growth?
- Double muscling in cattle. Why does a lack of myostatin result in increased skeletal muscle mass?
- Ractopamine. What intracellular signaling pathways are required for the b-agonist stimulated skeletal muscle growth?
- Beef cattle molecular genetics. Can we identify genes that are responsible for a lot of the genetic variation observed within a given trait?
- Molecular mechanisms controlling heart formation. What tells a cell in the developing embryo that it will eventually become cardiac muscle?
- Bovine microarray. We are currently generating a spotted cDNA microarray that will be used to monitor changes in gene expression on a global scale.