This scholarship is to support students who represent enthusiastic potential leaders for the future of the meat industry
Requirements to qualify for the Robert E. and Dorothy B. Rust Undergraduate Scholarship in Meat Science:
- Enrollment as a full time student at Iowa State University with the primary major
designated as Animal Science or Food Science.
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have a demonstrated interest in exploring a career path toward the meat processing and/or closely allied industry (suppliers, etc.) and at least 25% of the aplicant's qualifications for this award shall be based on a five hundred or more word essagy outling the applicant's projected career path in applied meat processing or closely allied industry.
- Preference shall be given to a student that has demonstrated an active interest in applied meat processing or allied industry as evidenced by such things as, but not limited to: industry internship, working at the ISU Meat Laboratory or judging team experience.
- Must not be graduating before Fall, 2008
- Application Deadline is October 19, 2007