Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the Block & Bridle Club still held an excellent lamb show on June 14th, 2020, at the Story County Fairgrounds in Nevada, Iowa. There were 60 exhibitors from 3 states who showed over 170 lambs.
“Our students were so professional and did not give into peer pressure of not wearing a mask. They were protected, set an example for others and really had some nice livestock present,” said Dr. Dan Thomson, Chair of the Department of Animal Science at Iowa State University.
Thank you to all of our sponsors and all the exhibitors that participated in the event. The results from the show are as follows:
- Grand Champion Market Lamb - Garrett Arnold
- Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb – Jerson Kopka
- 3rd Overall Market Lamb – Garrett Arnold
- 4th Overall Market Lamb – Stella Amthauer
- 5th Overall Market Lamb – Maegan Schorpp
- Grand Champion Commercial Ewe – Jerson Kopka
- Reserve Grand Champion Commercial Ewe – Oliver Dies
- 3rd Overall Commercial Ewe – Taylar Lovell
- Grand – Eric Matheson
- Reserve – Miley VanKirk
- Grand – Colton Niemeyer
- Reserve – Owen VanKirk
- Grand – Garrett Arnold
- Reserve – Chloe Henry
More photos from the event can be found on the ISU Block & Bridle Lamb Show Facebook page.