Gamma Sigma Delta, The Honor Society of Agriculture, had its 2017 Initiation and Awards Ceremony a little over a week ago. The honor society promotes and recognizes achievements of individuals who excel in Agriculture. The groups objectives are the advancement of agriculture in all its phases, the maintenance and improvement of the relations of agriculture and related sciences to other industries, and the recognition of the responsibilities of those engaged in all aspects of agriculture to humankind.
These awards to animal scientists were presented:
- Research Mission: James Russell
- Teaching Mission: Jodi Sterle
- International Mission: Tom Baas
- Extension Mission: Dan Morrical
- Alumni Award of Merit: John Hallberg, Alumnus and Member of the External Advisory Committee of our Department
- Distinguished Achievement in Agriculture: Max Rothschild
Pictured above: Dr. David Acker, Dr. James Russell, Dr. Jodi Sterle, Dr. Tom Baas, Dr. John Hallberg, Dr. Max Rothschild, Dr. Aaron Gassmann and Barb Clawson.