You are here
Requirements to receive a Graduate Scholarship Award:
- Enrollment in the Department of Animal Science,
- GPA of 3.0 or above (student must not be on academic probation),
- Submit a separate application for each scholarship you wish to be considered,
- Each application must be one PDF file consisting of:
- A description of achievements relative to the award,
- A transcript of academic performance (Access+ transcript, signed by major professor is acceptable); please include copy of transcript from all graduate work regardless of institution,
- A summary or CV showing professional activities,
- A list of publications,
- An endorsement/nomination letter from the student's major professor. A letter can be included with your application. The endorsement letter could be sent directly to Dr. Gabler via email if that is the preference of your professor.
Applications will be accepted starting February 1, 2022 and will be due no later than 5 pm on February 28, 2022. Submit applications to the designated CyBox email address for each scholarship (this address is found with each scholarship description). Please submit one file for your application. If you wish to update your file before the deadline, you simply have to email the updated version to the same address and the newest version will be evaluated.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Department of Animal Science Graduate Scholarship Committee unless a special committee is convened for specific awards. Selections will be based on information as listed above and specific criteria listed for each scholarship; please note that some scholarships will require additional information, special application forms, or require students to show financial need.
Financial Need Guidelines:
- Submit a Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15, 2022 so that your financial need may be confirmed prior to selection. (Do not send your FAFSA form to the Dept. of Animal Science.)
List Iowa State University on your FAFSA form. FAFSA forms are available online at the Iowa State University, Student Financial Aid website.
International Students need to provide a statement of financial support by completing the Financial Need Form: internatlfinancialneedform_2022-2023.pdf. This form should be submitted with your application.
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS will be recognized at a Department of Animal Science event towards the end of spring semester, date TBD. Awards will be distributed in equal installments at the beginning of the fall 2022 and spring 2023 semesters and credited to the student's university account. If a student transfers out of the Department of Animal Science, the scholarship award will be rescinded.
For questions, contact the Animal Science Graduate Student Services Specialist, Rose Mary Ross, at email@example.com.