The 2017 Iowa State Fair is in full swing and fair goers are lining up to milk a cow. The Dairy Science Club, an animal science club, conducts the 'I milked a cow' exhibit for all 10 days of the fair. This exhibit allows patrons to actually milk a cow and happens at 9am, 1pm and 4pm each day. The club also maintains the animals for all of the Dairy Boulevard of Breeds which includes feeding and milking as well as giving milk parlor talks and discussions around 3 times a day. Students and staff are on hand to answer any questions patrons may have about dairy and animals.
More like this
- Iowa State Dairy Science Club Active at Regional and National Level
- Dairy Science Club Donates Ice Cream to Local Organizations
- Iowa State animal science students place highly in the American Meat Science Association Research Competitions
- Meet the new Iowa State University Poultry Farm Manager – Jessica Menke
- Baumgard receives recognition from the Journal of Dairy Science