The 2017 Iowa State Fair is in full swing and fair goers are lining up to milk a cow. The Dairy Science Club, an animal science club, conducts the 'I milked a cow' exhibit for all 10 days of the fair. This exhibit allows patrons to actually milk a cow and happens at 9am, 1pm and 4pm each day. The club also maintains the animals for all of the Dairy Boulevard of Breeds which includes feeding and milking as well as giving milk parlor talks and discussions around 3 times a day. Students and staff are on hand to answer any questions patrons may have about dairy and animals.
More like this
- Animal Science Department is hosting the 2021 State 4-H and FFA Meat and Livestock Evaluation Competitions and State Fair Carcass Viewing
- Students engage in dairy feed efficiency genetics research through internship at Iowa State
- Life on the farm at Iowa State Department of Animal Science teaching farms
- Student Spotlight: Grace Jakes
- Iowa State Hosting 100th Annual Block and Bridle National Convention