Three ISU Dairy Science students received awards reported by Hoard's Dairyman. Sabrina Portner and Emily Irwin both received the Merton Sowerby Junior Merit Scholarship for 2017. This scholarship is designed to encourage qualified junior status undergraduate students to pursue careers in the dairy industry or related occupations. It's named in the honor of National Dairy Hall of Fame Pioneer and Klussendorf recipient Merton Sowerby. Read more about ISU & Dairy students receive scholarships
It was a great week at the National Pork Producers Council annual business meeting (also known as National Pork Industry Forum) for three Iowa State University students. Lexi Marek (Public Service and Administration in Agriculture), Mitchell Juhl (Agricultural Business) and Mary Heiller (Animal Science) were all awarded the Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship. This $2500 scholarship was given to 10 college students who intend to pursue their careers in the pork industry. Read more about Pork Industry Scholarships go to CALS students
If you are walking around campus or traveling through Kildee, Curtiss, or Lagomarcino halls take some time to congratulate these students for receiving awards from the the North American Meat Institute Scholarship Foundation. The NAMI Annual Meeting took place November 2nd - 5th in Washington, D.C. Eight students received scholarships to further their education in meat and food science, culinary arts and animal science. Read more about Three Iowa State University CALS Students Receive Scholarships
Requirements to receive a Department of Animal Science Scholarship Award:
- Enrollment as a full-time student (12 or more credits) in the Department of Animal Science for full academic year 2018-19.
- Animal Science or Dairy Science MUST be your PRIMARY MAJOR to qualify for these scholarships.
- Minimum Requirement: GPA of 2.0 or above. (Student must not be on academic probation.) Some scholarships require higher GPAs.
Requirements to receive a Graduate Scholarship Award:
- Enrollment in the Department of Animal Science.
- A GPA of 3.0 or above. Student must not be on academic probation.
- A separate application must be submitted for each scholarship for which the applicant wishes to be considered.
- Submit applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Each application must consist of:
- A description of achievements relative to the award
- An official transcript of academic performance
Duane & Shirley Acker International Fellowship up to $2000
- The recipient shall use this award to participate in an international experience that may include, but is not limited to: study abroad programs; internship or work at an international agricultural research center, institute, or university; foreign work experience with USDA's Foreign Agriculture Service or the Agency for International Development; internship or work with a foreign or domestic private sector business.