You are here
Animal Science and Dairy Science Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
Requirements to receive a Department of Animal Science Scholarship Award:
- Enrollment as a full-time student (12 or more credits) in the Department of Animal Science for full academic year 2019 - 2020.
- Animal Science or Dairy Science MUST be your PRIMARY MAJOR to qualify for these scholarships.
- Minimum Requirement: GPA of 2.0 or above. (Student must not be on academic probation.) Some scholarships require higher GPAs.
- For scholarships that state a student may qualify for the scholarship in succeeding years, the student must reapply for the scholarship each year.
- ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS: You may only apply for INCOMING FRESHMAN SCHOLARSHIPS even though you may have earned college credit prior to entry in the fall.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 11:59 PM ON December 31, 2019. APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE ACCESSED BEYOND THIS DATE AND TIME.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Department of Animal Science Scholarship and Awards Committee, unless a special committee is noted. Selections will be based on specific criteria listed for each scholarship. (Please note: Some scholarships will require additional information, separate application forms, or require students to show financial need.)
Financial Need Guidelines:
- Submit a Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1, 2020, so that your financial need may be confirmed prior to selection. (Do not send your FAFSA form to the Dept. of Animal Science.)
- List Iowa State University on your FAFSA form.
- FAFSA forms are available online at the Iowa State University, Student Financial Aid website.
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Dairy Science Banquet in March and the Animal Science Banquet in April. Awards will be distributed in equal installments at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters and credited to the student's university account. If a student transfers out of the Dept. of Animal Science, the scholarship award will be rescinded.
For questions, contact the Department of Animal Science at (515) 294-2160.
Please read the descriptions before completing the application form.