You are here
Self-Service and Software Center
If you do not see a piece of software available you are looking to use, or you would like to purchase new software, please submit a help request.
Windows workstations have Software Center installed on their computers. It can be used to install commonly requested programs like Adobe Acrobat DC without admin credentials. Here is what it looks like:
- Close all other applications especially Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Open Software Center from your Start Menu in the bottom left of your Desktop (you can hit the Windows key [⊞ Win]) then search for it under Microsoft System Center, or simply start typing 'Software' on your keyboard.
- In Software Center click on the "Applications" tab.
- Select the software you want to install, or search for it by name in the upper-right.
- Click Install.
- Once you do that, you can close Software Center and continue to use your computer.
If the install fails, restart the computer and reopen the software center. Then click on the “Installation status” tab and click the Retry button.
Not all users will have access to Self-Service, as this requires a University-owned Apple computer that has been enrolled in our JAMF administrative suite. If you would like access to Self-Service please submit a ticket.
Much like Software Center it can be used to install commonly requested software. It looks like this:
Self Service can be found in your Applications folder:
Once open, select the software you want to install, or search for it by name in the upper-left.
See also: ITS Knowledgebase article on Software